Haruka Ogasawara (小笠原 晴香 Ogasawara Haruka) is a character in the Hibike! Euphonium series. She plays the baritone saxophone and serves as the school band's president as well as the saxophone section leader in the main series.
Haruka is a girl of average height and build. She has dark brown hair that reaches her shoulders and is tied into two side twin-tails and large golden-brown eyes. She is usually seen with a standard Kitauji High School uniform for third-year students.
Haruka is a relatively friendly and mature girl who shows diligent and responsible leadership. She is polite and can be slightly timid at times. She is shown to be not very fond of Asuka Tanaka's outgoing antics, as she thinks that they may dissuade potential members such as Hazuki Katou from joining the band
Always in the shadow of Asuka's popularity, she constantly questions her own merits as the band president. She also battles insecurity due to her inability to stop the schism of the previous year from transpiring. Despite that, she is very responsible and committed and fulfills her duties as band president.
- According to the official Sound! Euphonium novel website,
- Her favorite colors are white and black.
- Her hobbies are listening to rock music and going to live concerts.
- Her special skill is playing the Kendama, a traditional Japanese skill toy.
- In the light novel, Haruka is referred to as "Ogasawara" at the descriptive parts of the novels.
- Haruka (晴香) means "sunny weather" and "fragrance"