Michiru Hakase (葉加瀬 みちる Hakase Michiru) is a side character of Sound! Euphonium: The Movie - Our Promise: A Brand New Day film. She is a new first-year at Kitauji High School who joins the band as a trombonist in Kumiko Oumae's second year.
Michiru is an experienced musician from Minami Junior High School.
|Warning: information below contains some spoilers!|
Michiru deeply admires Shuuichi and that she proactively converses with him during sectional practices. Eventually, the two grow closer and Michiru begins hanging out with Shuuichi outside of school. Kumiko Oumae mistakes the two as flirting, and becomes slightly jealous. Kanade Hisaishi is also aware of the situation, and filled in Kumiko on her behavior.
- The name Michiru is written in hiragana (みちる), which has no special meaning. However, when written in kanji (満, 充, 実, 道瑠, 満留, 美智留 or 実千瑠), it could possibly mean:
- 満 - "full/fullness, enough, satisfy".
- 充 - "allot, fill".
- 実 - "fruit, good result, truth".
- 道瑠 - "path" (道) (michi) and "lapis lazuli" (瑠) (ru).
- 満留 - "full/fullness, enough, satisfy" (満) (michi) and "detain, fasten, halt, stop" (留) (ru), which literally means "full stay" altogether.
- 美智留 - "beautiful" (美) (mi), "wisdom, intellect" (智) (chi) and "detain, fasten, halt, stop" (留) (ru).
- 実千瑠 - "fruit, good result, truth" (実) (mi), "thousand" (千) (chi) and "lapis lazuli" (瑠) (ru).
- Michiru's surname Hakase means "leaf, plane, lobe, needle, blade, spear, counter for flat things, fragment, piece" (葉) (ha), "add, increase" (加) (ka) and "swift current, rapids" (瀬) (se).
- Michiru is constantly up-to-date on fashion trends.
- Michiru constantly checks her social media accounts.
|Kitauji High School Concert Band during Kumiko Oumae's second year|
|Note: Section leaders are shown in bold text|