She is a second-year (third-year in Liz and the Blue Bird) student who plays the flute in the Kitauji High School Concert Band.
Nozomi is a young girl with long black hair that is tied in a high ponytail and blue eyes.
She is seen wearing the Kitauji uniform for second-year female students.
Nozomi is a fierce, passionate and goal-driven girl. Asides from being a highly talented flute player, she also displays strong leadership skills. At Minami Junior High School, Nozomi was the concert band's president. During the Kitauji Concert Band Schism, she had enough power and charisma, even as a freshman, to convince nearly half the band into voluntarily quitting.
In middle school, at Minami Junior High School, Nozomi was the president of the concert band, as well as the principal flautist, which is a noteworthy title. In the light novels, it is mentioned that Minami's band program is famous for its excellent flute section, which has remained the strongest and most outstanding section in the band for many years. Kumiko Oumae is one of many fascinated with their sound, and often listens to recordings of Minami's performances just to listen to their flute section. When Nozomi practices flute on Kitauji High School's overpass, Kumiko recognizes the distinctive sound as belonging to a Minami flautist.
Nozomi comes to watch the Kitauji Concert Band's performance in the final episode.
At the start of Season 2, Nozomi tried to rejoin the band as well as get Asuka Tanaka's approval. However, Asuka initially rejected due to the fear of Mizore Yoroizuka possibly being affected by Nozomi's sudden return, causing a negative impact on Mizore's performance for the competition. However, due to an unexpected move by Nozomi to talk to Mizore causing her to run off, the latter managed to talk things out with Nozomi and restore their friendship. It is also revealed that Mizore played the oboe for the sole reason that it was the only thing that connected her with Nozomi.
In Liz and the Blue Bird, Mizore and Nozomi's relationship develops further. Mizore becomes less dependent on Nozomi and decides to go to a music school after graduating, while Nozomi decides to go to a regular university.
In Oath's Finale, Nozomi and Mizore perform the flute and oboe duet in Liz and the Blue Bird.
|Sound! Euphonium 2||Secondary|
|Sound! Euphonium The Movie: May The Melody Reach You!||Minor|
|Liz and the Blue Bird||Main|
- The name Nozomi means "wish, desire, hope" (希) (nozo) and "beautiful" (美) (mi).
- Nozomi's surname Kasaki means "umbrella" (傘) (kasa) and "tree, wood" (木) (ki).
- According to the official Sound! Euphonium novel website:
- Her favorite colors are pink and purple.
- Her hobby is taking pictures.
- Her special skill is dance.
- She likes natto, okra, yams while she dislikes imitation crab sticks and hanpen.
- Nozomi, Mizore Yoroizuka, Natsuki Nakagawa and Yuuko Yoshikawa graduated from Minami Junior High School.
- Nozomi becomes the flute section assistant leader in Finale Oath, as well as the band accountant.
- Nozomi's family's staple Christmas dinner is curry with rice, chicken, and white shortcake.
- Nozomi's flute is based on a Yamaha YFL-411 model.
|Kitauji High School Concert Band during Kumiko Oumae's first year|
|Note: Section leaders are shown in bold text
1Rejoined the band
2Left the band
3Also in charge of the Tuba and Double Bass sections
|Kitauji High School Concert Band during Kumiko Oumae's second year|
|Note: Section leaders are shown in bold text|