Sound! Euphonium: Kitauji High School Concert Band, Second Turbulent Movement Volume 1 (響け! ユーフォニアム 北宇治高校吹奏楽部、波乱の第二楽章 前編 Hibike! Yūfoniamu Kitauji Kōkō Suisōgaku-bu, Haran no Dainigakushō Zenpen) is a first volume of Sound! Euphonium: Kitauji High School Concert Band, Second Turbulent Movement sequel of Sound! Euphonium novel series. It was published by Takarajimasha in Japan on August 26, 2017.
The story takes place in Kumiko Oumae's second year at Kitauji High School.
- Kanade Hisaishi (久石 奏) - 1st year euphonium player.
- Satsuki Suzuki (鈴木 さつき) - 1st year tuba player.
- Mirei Suzuki (鈴木 美玲) - 1st year tuba player.
- Motomu Tsukinaga (月永 求) - 1st year contrabass player.
- Yume Kohinata (小日向 夢) - 1st year trumpet player.
- Ririka Kenzaki (剣崎 梨々花) - 1st year oboe player.
- Tomoe Kabe (加部 友恵) - 3rd year trumpet player (Anime original character who is introduced in novel)
|This section contains spoilers.|
- All characters move up one grade. Kumiko, Reina Kousaka, Hazuki Katou and Sapphire Kawashima are second year students while Yuuko Yoshikawa, Natsuki Nakagawa, Nozomi Kasaki and Mizore Yoroizuka are third year students.
- 44 new members join the band this year. Many of them are experienced members.
- Yuuko (the current band president) appoints Kumiko and Tomoe to be instructors for the first year students.
- "Oumae Counseling Center" is established to solve any drama in the band.
- Kitauji chooses Liz and the Blue Bird (リズと青い鳥) as their free-choice piece for the competition.
- ↑ 響け! ユーフォニアム 北宇治高校吹奏楽部、波乱の第二楽章 前編 [Hibike! Yūfoniamu Kitauji Kōkō Suisōgaku-bu, Haran no Dainigakushō Zenpen] (in Japanese). Takarajimasha.
- ↑ Second Movement – Part 1 unofficial translation by Team Oumae
|Sound! Euphonium by Ayano Takeda|
|Kitauji High School|
|Rikka High School|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.