The main focus is on Mamiko's past and her relationship with Kumiko as siblings. It also covers how Kumiko grows over the course of the year, but instead of focusing on her development as a musician, it mainly discusses the bonds she formed with Reina, Shuuichi, Hazuki, Sapphire, Asuka, Natsuki, Mizore, Yuuko, Riko, Taki, and even her sister. It is these relationships that lead her to realize why she started playing music, and why she will to continue to play for as long as she can.
- By order of appearances:
- It is revealed that Reina only came to Kitauji High School because of Taki-sensei, and that she loved him in a romantic way.
- Shuuichi tries to grow closer to Kumiko and nearly confesses to her the night before their final concert. He also gives her a flower-shaped hairpin.
- Reina confesses to Taki-sensei that she loves him after the final concert when all the bands/mentors are being honored, but he takes that as a of respect and honor rather than a sign of romantic interest.
- Asuka mentions the hairpin on Kumiko after her graduation ceremony and asks if it’s from her “boyfriend”. Kumiko stumbles and eventually says "Yes." This is meant to show that Kumiko has mutual feelings for Shuiichi.
- Kumiko eventually confesses to Shuuichi that she loves him.