Taku Imura (井村 たく Imura Taku) is a side character of Sound! Euphonium: The Movie - Our Promise: A Brand New Day film. She is a new first-year at Kitauji High School who joins the band as a clarinetist in Kumiko Oumae's second year.
Taku is a childhood friend of her fellow clarinetist Seiko (they live not far from each other).
Unnamed Younger Brother and twin brothers
Taku has a younger brother in the fifth year of elementary school and two twin younger brothers in their first year of elementary school.
- The name Taku is written in hiragana (たく), which has no special meaning. However, when written in kanji (拓, 卓, 琢, 択, 太久, 大久 or 大空), it could possibly mean:
- 拓 - "expand, open, support".
- 卓 - "table, desk, high".
- 琢 - "polish".
- 択 - "choice, choose, select, elect, prefer".
- 太久 - "thick, big, great" (太) (ta) and "long time" (久) (ku).
- 大久 - "big, great" (大) (ta) and "long time" (久) (ku).
- 大空 - "sky, firmament, heaven".
- Taku's surname Imura means "well, mine shaft, pit" (井) (i) and "town, village" (村) (mura).
|Kitauji High School Concert Band during Kumiko Oumae's second year|
|Note: Section leaders are shown in bold text|