Takuya is a young man who is very tall for his age. He has short, spiked, messy dark brown hair, and brown eyes framed by thick, black glasses. He wears the standard male Kitauji High School uniform.
Takuya is a teenage boy who is quiet most of the time, but at the same time he can be quite frank in which he can offend others, however, he doesn't really mean it, as he just accidentally says the things that are in his mind. Also, despite his rough appearance, Takuya is a very friendly and passionate young man, and gives good advice to those younger to him and he likes his tuba. He also says that love and confidence are important.
He first appears introducing himself just as Gotou, and telling the students that he is a tubist, and then says that the tuba doesn't get so many melody parts.
Gotou and Riko were friends who played the same instrument. They later began dating, as they had found an interest in each other. They have a close relationship and are constantly supporting and encouraging each other.
- He is mostly referred to by his last name, Gotou.
- He is tone-deaf, but hopes to work on it over time.
- Takuya (卓也) means “Eminent one”.
- In the Light Novel (Volume 1), he seems to be only scared and effected by Asuka Tanaka.
- After graduating high school, he attended a vocational school in Tokyo to pursue his dream of becoming a wind instrument repairman.
- While studying in Tokyo, he lived by himself in a one-bedroom plus kitchen.
- His mother believes him to be serious and earnest, but that he is not beautiful or sociable. She wants Riko to be with him forever.
|Kitauji High School Concert Band during Kumiko Oumae's first year|
|Note: Section leaders are shown in bold text
1Rejoined the band
2Left the band
3Also in charge of the Tuba and Double Bass sections
|Kitauji High School Concert Band during Kumiko Oumae's second year|
|Note: Section leaders are shown in bold text|